A Google My Business listing is essential for local SEO and will help you get found for different search queries for your industry on Google. You first need to claim your business listing. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Go to www.google.com/business and sign in or create a free account
2. Search for your business and address
3. If your business appears, select it. If not, select “Add your business” and fill out the necessary info
4. Click the “Mail me my code” option to receive a verification code by mail within 1-2 weeks
5. Upon receiving your code, go to business.google.com, select your business’s page, and click the red “Verify now” button to enter your code.
That’s it! Once you have a business listed on Google, you can then ask your satisfied customers to review you. Our next post will focus on requesting Google Reviews!
If you need assistance with Google Business Listings or Google reviews, contact us at MRN Web Designs!