Standing out online is more important than ever, especially since every one of your competitors has their own website, marketing divisions, and social media accounts. It takes more than just having an online presence, however, as you have to put a lot of work into your website if you really want to be successful online.
If you’re contemplating a website design upgrade, here are a few simple tips that can help turn your mediocre website into a great one.
- Search Engine Optimization — Why have a wonderful website if no one can ever find it? If you want to compete online, taking advantage of SEO services is essential. Ranking on search engine results pages takes time, but if you want to be one of the top listings, which are the ones that get all the traffic, you should seriously consider working with an SEO consultant.
- High Quality Content — No matter what you’re offering, if you have a blog attached to your site that actually consists of quality content, you’re going to have a better chance of success online. Internet users, and the Internet itself (meaning Google), love high quality content and hate bad content. Don’t make the mistake of creating spammy posts just for the sake of posting new content — you will not like what happens.
- Visually Appealing Logo — Having a polished and aesthetically pleasing logo on all of your webpages will give you a much more professional look. You’re building your online presence so that you can improve and grow your brand, and your logo is an extremely important part of that.
- Bullet Point Lists — It might seem trivial at first, but having an organized and concise website is essential to your online success. Using simple organizational items like tables and lists can help a lot. Wholly 70% of Internet users will look at a bulleted list, while just 55% will take the time to read a list without bullet points.
- Having Plenty of White Space — No one likes clutter in their homes, in stores they visit, or websites they click on. Making sure your site has room to breath is just as important as anything else on this list. Not only is minimalism a popular aesthetic right now, but having empty space will force customers to focus on the most important elements of your website.
- Work With a Professional Web Designer — Unless you are proficient in web design, some of these techniques can be difficult to implement on your own. A professional web designer can help make sure everything on your site actually functions, looks great, and operates in a timely fashion.
If you want to consult with a professional web designer about upgrading your business website, contact MRN Web Designs and get started today.